Thursday, November 17, 2005

Welcome, Leah Joy Hoffland!

It's done! Tarah and I went in on Monday afternoon about 4:30 PM and at 10:00PM Leah Joy was born! Tarah did great..the best delivery yet. Leah was 7 pds, 31/2 ounces and 20 inches long. I haven't figured out how to do the whole picture thing on here yet, but if I do, I will post a pic of her. After watching the whole ordeal, it's astounding to me that people actually still think this all happened by time and chance. I was asking my wife, "How do they breathe in there?"
"They don't. They get all their oxygen through the umbilical cord and it goes directly to their blood. There's a valve that keeps it going to the lungs. They don't even use their lungs at all until they are born. Then, when they take that breath, the valve opens never to close again."
So if this was all developed by chance, did all those babies suffocate until that valve thing evolved? Ok, I'll get off of my soap box now. I'm just amazed at God's creation.
We all came home yesterday and had a fairly ok night, my wife was up a bit in the early morning hours feeding the little bugger. The other kids have really taken to her. Thanks for all the prayers!

3 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Blogger doodlebugmom said...

Congratulations and best wishes to the whole family.

The world needs more Hofflands :)

signed
~ a Southern Wisconsin Hoffland!

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger danny2 said...

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger The Kroeker's said...

Hoff, You are the Man. I love reading your Blog. I am so happy Johnny told me about it. Congratulations on Leah! That is so great that everyone is healthy! We are praying for all of you and look forward to some pictures! You need google's free program called "hello" that will upload all of the goods. It's very easy!

Blessinggs my friend!

Matt, Christy, Caden, & Avery

 

Post a Comment

<< Home