Monday, July 25, 2005

Going a Little Deeper

When I began this "blog endeavor" I wasn't sure how personal I was supposed to be. I suppose as long as I am not incriminating others, it's ok to share deep-dark secrets of Matt Hoffland. Well, maybe just the shallow-dusk secrets.

I had a dream about my dad last night.

For some of you, your'e saying..." And..?"
To fill you in, my dad's been dead for 16 years. Most of the time I have a hard time even remembering him, his manners, his voice, etc.. I was 17 when he died.

Last night was a "real" dream. I had just found out that he had faked his own death and we were about to have dinner together. A list of questions were forming in my mind. Dreams are interesting little creatures. The power comes in the intensity of emotions that you feel for events that aren't actually happening. I can't even begin to describe what they were last night but they stayed with me when I woke up.

This may sound very cliche to some of you, but the only Dad that I know these days is my Heavenly Father; the one that I can't see, hear or touch, but He's there, He's real, and He hears me.

What a comfort, that I never have to grow to old to have a Dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home