Monday, February 27, 2006

A new Opus

1.On the last post I mentioned that there was a cough choir in my house singing beautiful renditions from....the Sound of Mucus. (I know, corny) Well, the second movement just started. We were finally getting over it when something new came. Today we all went to the doctor. Anna is now on an antibiotic for and ear infection, Johnny and I tested positive for strep and little Leah has a high fever that the doctors don't know what's causing it. So we're all down for the count except for Tarah and David. My poor wife. She just wants all of this to end.

2. This weekend, (before I got sick again) I had the privilege of ministering to people from my home church in Wausau, WI. It was humbling and a treat to see that people would give up an evening to come experience the program. Pastor Jim Engle, whom I know from Camp Forest Springs, is now their new pastor. The program was called "Dinner and a Feast." It consisted of him memorizing Phillipians, reciting, with breaks and me filling the breaks singing songs that complimented the text. I know that Jim has memorized other books as well. I was challenged to begin the process of hiding more of God's Word in my heart. On a side note, it was weird to see a lot of my friends parents and hearing that most of them are retiring. Time just keep ticking away. I heard a Doctor-Christian recenlty who studies Meta Physics talk about time and how God exists outside of it. He even said that we might shocked that when we get to heaven after we die, that everyone is entering heaven at the same time. Example, my dad has been dead for almost 17 years. I tend to think that he has been in heaven 17 years when we might be entering heaven at the same time. Not sure it it's true, but it's fun to think about.

3. I want to end this blog talking about Johnny, my 5 year old. All my kids warm my heart but this kid has a bit more warming power. He loves to snuggle with me. My other kids to as well, but they don't last long. They are too squirmy. Johnny feeds off of it. He is very physical, like his daddy. Many a night when I tuck them into bed, he says, "Daddy, Snuggle!" And I make my way over and as I start to get on his bed, he starts giggling. I asked him the other day,

"Johnny, is there ever going to be a day when you don't want to snuggle with me anymore?"

His eyes start to fill up with tears.

"No daddy."

I know there will be so I try to get as much as I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home