Tuesday, January 10, 2006

5

1. We have had a fairly normal 2 weeks since our hospital stay. It's amazing all you begin to find out about epillipsy once someone in your family is diagnosed with it. One is that there are a plethera of medications out there that a person can take. We had to take Anna in yesterday to the clinic to get hers changed because she was having an allergic reaction to the first one. What a day. We hauled the whole family through the clinic to 3 different departments. What we thought would be a quick trek ended up being 4 plus hours. For the most part the kids did ok. Except when the 2 boys wanted to scale the Beanie Baby display in the pediatric neurology ward. Those little stuffed buddies behind the locked plexiglass was just too much of a temptation. Anna did pretty well, except for the end when they had to draw blood again. She's becoming a vet by now. They took a lot this time. The poor girl slept all the way home.

2. I've been listening to downloads of Ravi Zacharias who is one of the leading apologists living today. This man is brilliant. He was born in India, raised a Hindu, became a Christian as a college student and is now invited to many top universities all over the world to speak and defend Christianity. There are Q and A's sessions from Harvard Veritas, as aan example, that you can listen to on-line. www.rzim.com is the site. Click on the "Radio" link and then archives. Lot's of gems there. I highly recommend.

3. My wife and I are getting a kick out of watching the "ice fishing village" that has erupted on the lake in front of our house. These grown men sitting on a bucket, staring at a hole in the ice is just cracking us up. The natives will defend it by saying, "there's a lot of perch in there." I believe it and I bet it's great eating as well. I just can't see myself spending my day staring at ice. Now, on the other hand, I see a lot of trucks out there along with 4-wheelers and snowmobiles. Now, I can see myself maybe putting my line in the water and then buzzing around the lake on a snowmobile. I had the privilege of driving one the other night at my friend's house. He lives on 40 acres out in the country and, I tell you, to be on a snowmobile in the middle of a field on a beautiful night ..there's something magical about it. Other than that, I get my amusement by watching the display out my front window.

4. I recieved an ipod for Christmas. Whoo Hooo! I love this little treasure. My wife and I also received one of those memory foam mattresses for the top of the bed. This has become a blessing and a curse. The blessing is obviouss, the curse is you don't want to get out of bed. It just holds you in there. You CANNOT get out!

5. For my last recent thought, I've started preparing for a number of speaking engagements that I have coming up. One of the subjects that I have thought about is No Other God. I realize once again how easy it is to let my heart be deceived into trying to be fulfilled by other things besides the One True God. Even though I know better. The analogy I have been thinking about is wrapped presents. Wrapping paper has got to be one of the best, most powerful products out there on the market today. It's fairly cheap, however, you can take anything, let's say a rock, and wrap it in beautiful paper and put a bow on it and you'll have people, mainly kids, wanting it. They open it, find out it's a rock, then if you wrapped it again, you could basically re-play it all again. It's the paper! It's a deception. But I fall for it.

1 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Blogger doodlebugmom said...

I have been chcking back often to see how Anna is doing.

My dad has epilepsy too.

Hope you get her medication straightened out soon. My dad always told us his seizures were much scarier for us than they were for him.

God Bless you and all your family

 

Post a Comment

<< Home